More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Pour water to a depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer. Whisk eggs and egg yolks in top of double boiler away from heat; whisk in sugar, rind, and lemon juice. Place over simmering water. Cook, whisking constantly, until curd thickens, about 6 minutes.
- Remove top of double boiler from simmering water, and add butter, whisking until melted. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of lemon curd to prevent a skin from forming, and chill at least 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This