- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated lemon rind
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Stir together sugar, chopped butter, grated lemon rind, and juice in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and butter melts.
- Whisk about one-fourth of hot sugar mixture gradually into eggs; add egg mixture to remaining hot sugar mixture, whisking constantly.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats a spoon. Remove from heat; cool. Cover and chill up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments