Lemon Cup Custard
Stand: 30 Minutes
Bake: 40 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1. Stir together milk and zest in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 30 minutes. Reheat slowly.
- 2. Place rack in center of oven, and preheat to 325°. Line roasting pan with 2 layers of paper towels. Place 4 (6-ounce) custard or coffee cups in pan.
- 3. Whisk together eggs and sugar until well blended. Whisk 1/4 cup hot milk slowly into egg mixture. Continue to whisk, and strain in remaining milk; skim foam from surface. Stir in lemon extract, if desired.
- 4. Pour custard into cups. Put pan on oven rack, and fill pan with hot water halfway up side of cups. Bake at 325° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Transfer cups to wire rack, and let cool to room temperature. Cover and chill 2 hours or up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note