Substitute lime-flavored gelatin and pistachio nuts for a different flavor twist on this creamy salad.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 (10-ounce) bottle lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (6-ounce) package lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Red leaf lettuce leaves
- Garnish: lemon rind knots
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cream cheese and marshmallows melt. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Stir in pineapple and pecans. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour mixture into 12 lightly oiled 1/2-cup molds. Cover and chill until firm. Unmold onto lettuce-lined salad plates. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon-Cream Salad Recipe at a Glance