taste was good, texture nice, but it didn't have the lemony taste that i prefer. i know this is a lightened pie, but the fat-free whipped topping did not seem to do the filling justice.
Lemon Cream Pie
This lightened cream pie classic is sweet-tart perfection and a delicious lemon ending to any meal. You'll love the make-ahead convenience. Brush edges of crust with egg wash for nice browning.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 4 Hours
- Calories: 264
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 34.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 296mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under, and flute. Bake piecrust according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Combine sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons rind, and the next 4 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring well. Combine milk and cheese in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until mixture reaches 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Gradually add the hot milk mixture to sugar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return milk mixture to pan, and cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- 3. Place pan in a large ice-filled bowl for 10 minutes or until the mixture cools to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Spoon filling into prepared crust, and cover surface of filling with plastic wrap. Chill for 3 hours or until set, and remove plastic wrap. Spread the whipped topping evenly over chilled pie, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note