- 2 (5.4-ounce) packages toasted pinenut couscous mix
- 2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- calories 224
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 8.2 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 674 mg
- calcium 5 mg
How to Make It
Remove seasoning packet from couscous package.
Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, and seasoning packet in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and bell pepper.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Near East Toasted Pine Nut Couscous Mix.