Delicious. Every time I want to use couscous as I side, I use this recipe.
If you can boil water, you can make couscous--one of the quickest, easiest side dishes.
Yield: 6 cups
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 224
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 674mg
- Calcium: 5mg
- 2 (5.4-ounce) packages toasted pinenut couscous mix
- 2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- Remove seasoning packet from couscous package.
- Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, and seasoning packet in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and bell pepper.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Near East Toasted Pine Nut Couscous Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables