Delicious. Every time I want to use couscous as I side, I use this recipe.
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 224
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 674mg
- Calcium: 5mg
- 2 (5.4-ounce) packages toasted pinenut couscous mix
- 2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- Remove seasoning packet from couscous package.
- Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, and seasoning packet in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and bell pepper.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Near East Toasted Pine Nut Couscous Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note