taste is nice, but a little too time consuming for the end product. i had extra filling left over...do not overfill, too hard to take out of the tins. also, a little too oily for my taste.
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Garnishes: toasted coconut and lemon rind strips
- 1. Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Shape mixture into 48 balls, and place on a baking sheet; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 1 dough ball into each cup of 2 lightly greased (24-cup) miniature muffin pans, and shape each into a pastry shell.
- 3. Whisk together eggs, butter, and sugar; stir in fresh lemon juice and coconut extract. Pour into pastry shells.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 18 to 22 minutes or until filling is set. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely (about 20 minutes). Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts