This tart makes a stylish addition to a holiday buffet when served whole on a pretty platter and garnished with fresh raspberries and thyme sprigs. Let guests cut their own pieces with a pie server.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- Lemon Chess Pie Filling
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Garnishes: fresh raspberries, fresh thyme sprigs
- Line a 13- x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing extra to hang over the sides; set aside.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly; stir in almonds. Firmly press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Stir together Lemon Chess Pie Filling and coconut; pour over baked crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 mintues or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar; lift tart out, and slide it onto a serving platter. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note