At first, I wasn't so sure about these cookies. The dough was really, really dry and I thought no way will these come out ok. They also looked really ugly before being doubled rolled in powdered sugar. Resist the temptation to adjust the recipe and follow through with the plan! After these cooled completely, there were delicious and I couldn't stop eating them! The final product also looked really pretty.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 35 Minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and extracts, beating well. Add flour, lemon rind, and salt, beating until combined. Stir in coconut. Cover and chill dough 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into generous 1" balls; place 1" apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden on bottom, but pale on top. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool 5 minutes.
- Place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in a bowl, and roll warm cookies in powdered sugar, coating well. Cool cookies completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies in powdered sugar again, coating well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note