Just made these Lemon-Coconut bars which were a BIG hit with our B & B guests. The addition of the slivered almonds in the crust gave it a nice crunch and just a little out of the ordinary. The recipe is so easy and fast and freezes beautifully. Lastly, these bars, when cooled, come out nice and clean when cut. Next time shall try this using lime instead of the lemon. Definitely will become a summer staple for the afternoon desserts!
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- Lemon Chess Pie Filling
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly; stir in almonds. Firmly press mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Stir together Lemon Chess Pie Filling and coconut; pour over baked crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This