I have made these several times. They are so delicious. They can be an elegant dessert or just to eat after dinner.
Lemon-Coconut Bar Cookies
Slip these tart cookies into a box lined with wax paper. Or keep them in the pan and make that part of your gift.
Yield: 25 servings (serving size: 1 [1 3/4-inch] square)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 95
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 31mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cookies, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and granulated sugar in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, 3 tablespoons juice, and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in coconut; pour evenly into pan. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until set.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, rind, and 2 tablespoons juice, stirring with a whisk. Spread glaze evenly over cookies. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut cookies into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon-Coconut Bar Cookies Recipe at a Glance