Lemon-Coconut Angel Food Cake
Citrus lovers will enjoy the bright flavors in each bite of Lemon-Coconut Angel Food Cake thanks to the fresh lemon juice and zest in the cake, orange liqueur in the sauce, and candied lemons as the garnish.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 27 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 12 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Caramel-Orange Sauce
- Candied Lemons (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat egg whites and salt at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a few tablespoons at a time, beating until firm peaks form. Fold in flour, 1/4 cup at a time. Fold in coconut and lemon zest.
- 2. Spoon batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, spreading evenly. Cut through batter with a knife to break air pockets. Bake 27 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Invert pan; cool completely.
- 3. Loosen cake from sides of pan, and invert onto a plate. Drizzle with Caramel-Orange Sauce; top with Candied Lemons, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts