Lemon Cloud with Strawberry-Mint Compote
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 65mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 large egg whites
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups quartered small strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1. To prepare cloud, preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Lightly coat a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar, shaking out excess. Place dish on a baking sheet.
- 3. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Stir in lemon rind, juice, and egg yolks. Place over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; immediately scrape mixture into a glass bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- 4. Place egg whites and salt in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 30 seconds or until foamy. Increase mixer speed to high. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating just until stiff peaks form. Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Spoon into prepared dish. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Remove from oven, and cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover and chill.
- 5. To prepare compote, combine strawberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, and mint; toss gently. Cover and chill. Serve with lemon cloud.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon Cloud with Strawberry-Mint Compote Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts