- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, optional
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 pound linguine or angel-hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- calories (1/4 of recipe): 721
- fat 20 g
- satfat 3 g
- sodium 472 mg
- cholesterol 80 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Trim and wash snow peas; set aside. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch-wide strips, each about 3 inches long. Toss chicken with coriander in a bowl.
In a wok or heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and stir-fry just until cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Heat remaining oil and stir-fry the rest of the chicken until cooked through. Remove and set aside. Add snow peas and broth to wok and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the snow peas are tender.
Return cooked chicken to wok and stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add scallions, if desired, and lemon peel. Serve hot over cooked pasta.
How kids can help: Wash snow peas; squeeze lemon. Per serving (1/4 of recipe): 721 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated), 472 mg sodium, 80 mg cholesterol.