This was excellent. I followed the recipe exactly, except I used chicken breast instead of chicken cutlets. Since I used chicken breast, I had to cook the chicken covered for about 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes. I served this with Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Thyme from CookingLight. I will definitely make this again.
Lemon Chicken with Olives
Photo: Con Poulos
More From Real Simple
Other: 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 425
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Sodium: 739mg
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 6g
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- Mix the flour, cumin, zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper on a flat plate. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and dredge in the flour mixture.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in 2 batches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Wipe out the skillet and return to medium heat. Heat the remaining oil. Add the shallots and cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the olives, parsley, lemon juice, and wine and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan, nestling it in the olives and shallots. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Divide among individual plates, spooning the olives, shallots, and any sauce over the top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This