Looking for a recipe served at Carino's Italian Rest. Their version is very similiar to this version, however, Carino's included chpd roma tomatoes, garlic, capers, basil, black olives and parmesan.. delish! I am going to give it a try!
Lemon Chicken With Angel Hair Pasta And Artichokes
Start with 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta to yield 4 cups cooked pasta. Vermicelli or thin spaghetti can be used as well.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1 cup pasta, and 3/4 cup artichoke mixture)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 426
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 37.2g
- Carbohydrate: 54.9g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 286mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 (9-ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups hot cooked angel hair pasta (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
- 2. Add garlic and lemon rind to skillet; cook 30 seconds. Add artichokes, and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.
- 3. Add chicken broth and lemon juice to skillet. Bring to a boil; return chicken to skillet. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in basil. Serve immediately over pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes