Lemon-Marinated Chicken and Olive Skewers
Serve these skewers alone or alongside couscous or stuffed into warm pita bread with a bit of hummus and chopped tomato. In the adventurous dish, the olives and lemons take on bigger roles, with green olives being the star and marinated lemon slices contributing fascinating flavors and color to the plate.
More From Oxmoor House
Marinate: 5 Minutes
Grill: 8 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- REMAINING INGREDIENTS:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each about 4 ounces, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted, large black olives, drained
- 1. In a medium bowl combine the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken thigh pieces and toss to coat thoroughly. Let the chicken marinate at room temperature for 5 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- 2. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- 3. Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers, alternating chicken pieces with olives. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the skewers over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is firm and the juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Note: If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes