- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- REMAINING INGREDIENTS:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each about 4 ounces, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted, large black olives, drained
How to Make It
In a medium bowl combine the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken thigh pieces and toss to coat thoroughly. Let the chicken marinate at room temperature for 5 to 30 minutes before grilling.
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers, alternating chicken pieces with olives. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the skewers over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is firm and the juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Note: If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.