My husband and I LOVE this recipe! For once, start to finish was really less than 30 minutes. I used white wine instead of chicken broth and served it with basmati rice.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Sissy Lamerton
More From Southern Living
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Garnish: lemon slices
- 1. Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- 2. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half of chicken in skillet 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with 1 Tbsp. butter and remaining olive oil and chicken.
- 3. Add broth and lemon juice to skillet, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add 8 lemon slices.
- 4. Remove skillet from heat; add parsley and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter, and stir until butter melts. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes