Lemon Chess Pie
To keep kosher, you'll want to wait at least three hours after the main meal before serving this dairy-enriched dessert.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Garnishes: fresh raspberries, lemon slice
- 1. Fit pastry into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Line piecrust with aluminum foil, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes. Remove weights and foil, and bake 4 more minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 3. Whisk together sugar and next 6 ingredients until blended. Add eggs, whisking well. Pour mixture into prepared piecrust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden, shielding edges with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note