Lemon Chess Pie
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish frozen pastry shell
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Garnishes: lemon slice and zest
- Bake pastry shell at 425° for 7 minutes or until light golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs and remaining ingredients, beating just until blended. Pour mixture into pastry shell; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until pie is firm, shielding edges with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if needed. Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts