Lemon Chess Pie
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Line pastry with aluminum foil, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 425° for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove weights and foil. Bake 2 more minutes or until golden. Cool crust completely.
- Stir together sugar and next 9 ingredients until blended. Add eggs, stirring well. Pour filling into piecrust.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes, shielding edges with foil after 10 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts