I am going to try to convert this recipe to SF/Low-carb as much as possible so will advise of my success. I do have additional input though. One of the highlights of my success with online recipes arecomments are fantastic ways to see how others have tried & succeeded (or not) on the original variation AND how they improvised. However, reading some of these comments REALLY bothered me, so here is my $0.02, as it were. I have been on the MyRecipe newsletter/email list from near the start and I confirm that when recipes are initially posted, they do not always include complete info (i.e # of servings). Additionally, they include links with attention grabbing titles. I can tell you that those links are not always accurately represented ("Lite', low cal, low carb) but to a hefty recipe. Snarky comments do no one any favors. Further, look at the time/date stamp from when the comment was posted. Sites update & correct all of the time. sdgolden &massleelee, consider it a teaching moment
Photo: Jennifer Davicks; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
Use fresh orange juice and zest instead of lemon for a different flavor profile.
Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 bar)
More From Southern Living
9 Hours, 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 45.1mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 262mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- BUTTER CRUST
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace or nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable cooking spray
- LEMON FILLING
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- Lemon rind curl
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare Crust: Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1 cup flour, beating at low speed until well blended. Press mixture on bottom of an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare Filling: Process cottage cheese in a food processor 1 minute or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Add granulated sugar and next 6 ingredients, and process 30 seconds or until well blended. Pour filling over prepared crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set. (Edges will be lightly browned.) Cool 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours. Cut into bars. Garnish, if desired.
- Try This Twist!
- Reduced-Sugar Lemon-Cheesecake Bars: Substitute brown sugar sweetener for brown sugar and granular sweetener for granulated sugar.
- Note: We tested with Whey Low 100% All Natural Gold Brown Sugar Sweetener and Granular Sweetener.
- Per bar: Calories 172; Fat 8.9g (sat 5.2g, mono 2.2g, poly 0.5g); Protein 6.2g; Carb 45.8g; Fiber 0.5g; Chol 45.1mg; Iron 1mg; Sodium 259mg; Calc 70mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts