um don't mean to be a b@#tch, but cavanvva please learn math. it says the recipes makes 8 servings and a serving is one bar. If you left your star rating based on the fact that you can't do simple math and you screw up the rating system it's very annoying to the rest of us. Therefore I'm going to give it 4 stars in an attempt to counter your 2 star rating. Also, where does it say this is a "light" recipe? This recipe is from Southern Living Magazine which is not a light cooking magazine. A little reading comprehension goes really far. Our American education system at work- ugh.
Use fresh orange juice and zest instead of lemon for a different flavor profile.
Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 bar)
More From Southern Living
9 Hours, 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 45.1mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 262mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- BUTTER CRUST
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace or nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable cooking spray
- LEMON FILLING
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- Lemon rind curl
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare Crust: Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1 cup flour, beating at low speed until well blended. Press mixture on bottom of an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare Filling: Process cottage cheese in a food processor 1 minute or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Add granulated sugar and next 6 ingredients, and process 30 seconds or until well blended. Pour filling over prepared crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set. (Edges will be lightly browned.) Cool 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours. Cut into bars. Garnish, if desired.
- Try This Twist!
- Reduced-Sugar Lemon-Cheesecake Bars: Substitute brown sugar sweetener for brown sugar and granular sweetener for granulated sugar.
- Note: We tested with Whey Low 100% All Natural Gold Brown Sugar Sweetener and Granular Sweetener.
- Per bar: Calories 172; Fat 8.9g (sat 5.2g, mono 2.2g, poly 0.5g); Protein 6.2g; Carb 45.8g; Fiber 0.5g; Chol 45.1mg; Iron 1mg; Sodium 259mg; Calc 70mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts