Once you make this salad for the first time, you'll never feel the need to make a real Caesar again. The lemon juice and olive oil add such fresh flavors. Let your kids choose chicken, fish, or steak to eat with it. Make this a gluten-free salad by replacing the French bread with a gluten-free option.
Oxmoor House SEPTEMBER 2012
1. Combine first 4 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add 3 1/2 tablespoons oil, stirring with a whisk.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add bread cubes to pan; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crunchy and golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
4. Brush chicken with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into thin slices.
5. Place lettuce in a large bowl; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat. Place about 1 3/4 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates; top each with 1/3 cup croutons and 3 ounces chicken.
Go to full version of