Lemon Caesar Salad
Once you make this salad for the first time, you'll never feel the need to make a real Caesar again. The lemon juice and olive oil add such fresh flavors. Let your kids choose chicken, fish, or steak to eat with it. Make this a gluten-free salad by replacing the French bread with a gluten-free option.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 37 Minutes
- Calories: 393
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 21.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 13.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 32.7g
- Carbohydrate: 18.2g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 668mg
- Calcium: 128mg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cups (3/4-inch) cubed French bread
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 7 cups coarsely chopped hearts of romaine lettuce (about 2 hearts)
- 1/3 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add 3 1/2 tablespoons oil, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add bread cubes to pan; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crunchy and golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Brush chicken with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into thin slices.
- 5. Place lettuce in a large bowl; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat. Place about 1 3/4 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates; top each with 1/3 cup croutons and 3 ounces chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note