- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cups (3/4-inch) cubed French bread
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 7 cups coarsely chopped hearts of romaine lettuce (about 2 hearts)
- 1/3 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 393
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 21.5 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- monofat 13.5 g
- polyfat 3.2 g
- protein 32.7 g
- carbohydrate 18.2 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 72 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 668 mg
- calcium 128 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add 3 1/2 tablespoons oil, stirring with a whisk.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add bread cubes to pan; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crunchy and golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Brush chicken with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into thin slices.
Place lettuce in a large bowl; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat. Place about 1 3/4 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates; top each with 1/3 cup croutons and 3 ounces chicken.