Chris likes adding the seeds scraped from a vanilla bean pod to the dough of homemade pastry. To simplify, we call for a prepared crust.
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) tart
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Ground nutmeg
- Place piecrust in a 9-inch tart pan according to package directions. Bake at 400° for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale yellow. Stir in buttermilk and next 4 ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This