Lemon Buttermilk Cake With Pistachio Ice Cream
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour spooned and leveled, plus more for the pan
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 whole(s) eggs large
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest finely grated
- 1/4 cup(s) Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 2 pint(s) pistachio ice cream
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted pistachios chopped
- 1.Heat oven to 350° F. Brush an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with oil and dust with flour, tapping out the excess. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 2.In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, buttermilk, eggs, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- 3.Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 65 to 75 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- 4.Slice the cake. Serve with the ice cream and sprinkle with the pistachios.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NancyBH and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes