Lemon Buttermilk Cake With Pistachio Ice Cream
To prep ahead: Make the cake up to 2 days in advance; store at room temperature, tightly wrapped. Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 752; Fat 40g; Sat Fat 13g; Cholesterol 166mg; Sodium 394mg; Protein 12g; Carbohydrate 88g; Sugar 58g; Fiber 2g; Iron 2mg; Calcium 171mg
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour spooned and leveled, plus more for the pan
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 whole(s) eggs large
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest finely grated
- 1/4 cup(s) Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 2 pint(s) pistachio ice cream
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted pistachios chopped
- 1.Heat oven to 350° F. Brush an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with oil and dust with flour, tapping out the excess. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 2.In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, buttermilk, eggs, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- 3.Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 65 to 75 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- 4.Slice the cake. Serve with the ice cream and sprinkle with the pistachios.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NancyBH and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note