I added a little extra lemon zest and used veggie Parmesan - awesome side dish for a bbq!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Way to grill: direct medium heat (350° TO 450°F)
Grilling time: 4 to 6 minutes
Special equipment: perforated grill pan
Yield: Serves: 4
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound broccoli florets, about 6 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Fill a large saucepan with water to within a few inches of the top. Add 2 teaspoons of the salt to the water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli to the boiling water and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the saucepan and plunge into an ice bath to rapidly cool them. Then remove the broccoli from the ice bath and drain.
- 2. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Brush the cooking grates clean. Preheat a grill pan over direct medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl mix the broccoli, oil, lemon zest, and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- 4. Spread the broccoli on the grill pan in a single layer. Grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the broccoli is warm and just begins to brown, 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 5. Remove from the grill and garnish with the cheese. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables