Lemon-Braised Brussels Sprouts
Instead of grating lemon rind, we used a citrus zester for slender strands of zest. Remember to remove the zest from lemons before squeezing them for fresh juice.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Wash brussels sprouts; remove discolored leaves. Trim ends, and cut sprouts in half lengthwise; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add lemon juice, water, brown sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil. Add brussels sprouts; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until sprouts are tender. Uncover, increase heat to high, and cook 4 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest and freshly ground pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables