- 1 1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Wash brussels sprouts; remove discolored leaves. Trim ends, and cut sprouts in half lengthwise; set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet; add lemon juice, water, brown sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil. Add brussels sprouts; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until sprouts are tender. Uncover, increase heat to high, and cook 4 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest and freshly ground pepper.