Lemon-Blueberry Quinoa Porridge
Carolyn says: "Quinoa, a nutty seed packed with protein, is great for breakfast. Its firm texture is perfect in this creamy porridge."
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 7.1g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 39.7g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- 1 1/2 cups cups almond milk*
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
- 8 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons loosely packed lemon zest
- Stir together 1 1/2 cups almond milk*, uncooked quinoa, water, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, almond extract, and salt in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Spoon into 4 bowls; top each with 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, 1 Tbsp. chopped toasted almonds, 2 Tbsp. almond milk, 1/2 tsp. light brown sugar, and 1/2 tsp. loosely packed lemon zest.
- *Low-fat milk may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note