Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup(s) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt; mix well.
- 3. Add blueberries and toss gently.
- 4. Lightly brush cups of 12-cup muffin pan with butter; reserve remaining butter.
- 5. In medium bowl, whisk together remaining butter, milk and egg.
- 6. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy. Do not over mix.
- 7. Using medium scoop, divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- 8. Combine remaining 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins.
- 9. Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- 10. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon-Blueberry Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes