My family loves this recipe, and whenever I host a party, baby shower, etc. people ask me to make this cake. I do, like the other reviewers, add more zest, more lemon juice, and more blueberries. I always add the glaze also because I find the extra lemon in the glaze makes a difference. This cake is best served the day after it is made when the lemon flavor seems to concentrate and become more pronounced.
Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake
Both kids and adults will love this golden cake bursting with blueberries and drizzled with tangy lemon glaze.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 53.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 172mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (about 13 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, butter, and rind in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (about 4 minutes total). Beat in vanilla and sour cream. Add flour mixture; beat at medium speed just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts