Former non-biscotti likers have been converted after eating these. They are wonderfully refreshing and I was even able to reduce the sugar in the dough by 25% as the decadent icing provided more than enough sweetness.
Lemon Biscotti with Sour Lemon Drizzle
Here"s a real treat for lemon lovers. If you're making enough to freeze, store them in the freezer without the drizzle, then make and add before serving.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen (serving size: 1 biscotto)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 91
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 18.4g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 39mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Combine rind, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, extract, oil, and eggs, and add to flour mixture, stirring until well-blended (dough will be dry and crumbly). Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 7 to 8 times. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into an 8-inch-long roll. Place rolls 6 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; flatten each roll to 1-inch thickness.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove the rolls from baking sheet; cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut each roll diagonally into 15 (1/2-inch) slices. Place the slices, cut sides down, on baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 325°; bake for 10 minutes. Turn cookies over; bake an additional 10 minutes (the cookies will be slightly soft in center but will harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheet, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice and powdered sugar, and drizzle over the biscotti.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon Biscotti with Sour Lemon Drizzle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cookies, Snacks
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Gifts, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American, New American, Italian
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Weddings, Easter, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light