- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves or jam
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat baking mix (such as Bisquick Heart Smart)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- Cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed and divided
- calories 269
- caloriesfromfat 10 %
- fat 2.9 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- protein 4.3 g
- carbohydrate 59.2 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- cholesterol 0.8 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 430 mg
- calcium 184 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine sugar and lemon rind in a small bowl; set aside.
Place preserves and water in a large skillet; cook over medium heat until preserves melt. Stir in 1 tablespoon sugar mixture, lemon juice, and berries. Cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves.
Lightly spoon baking mix into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine baking mix, milk, and remaining sugar mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moist.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; pat dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 425° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Split shortcakes in half; spoon berries evenly over bottom halves of shortcakes. Dollop each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped topping, and top with remaining halves.