I live in an area that frozen berries are not available so I used fresh blackberries. The next time I use fresh berries I will add sugar to them ahead of time. Otherwise the casserole was delicious!
Lemon-Berry Baked Oatmeal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup(s) Slivered Almonds Divided
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ginger Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) Coconut Milk
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoon(s) Butter Melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) Lemon Juice
- 2 cup(s) Frozen Mixed Berries
- Whipped Cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter the bottom and sides of an 9-inch square baking dish.
- 2. Zest lemon. Cut lemon in half and squeeze one half's juice into a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Mix oats, 1/4 cup almonds. sugar, spices, and lemon zest in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Melt butter in the microwave in a small bowl. Add coconut milk, egg, and lemon juice. Whisk until well blended.
- 4. Toss 1 cup berries in the bottom of greased baking dish. Pour oat mixture on top. Then, smother the oats in coconut milk concoction. Top with remaining berries and almonds. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until oats are golden brown and berry juices are bubbling along the edges. Top with whipped cream and serve piping hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CarmenPaige and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note