These cookies are so terrific!!! Just the right balance between sweet and plain. I absolutely love them and give them as gifts at Christmas!
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup minced fresh lemon basil leaves*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy; add 3/4 cup sugar, beating well. Add egg and next 3 ingredients, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Combine nuts and 3 tablespoons sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in nut mixture, and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with hands or bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- *Fresh sweet basil may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts