Lemon-Basil Shrimp with Rice
Notes: Start rice, then cook shrimp.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 326
- Calories from fat: 6.4%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 228mg
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 pound (38 to 50 per lb.) frozen uncooked shelled, deveined shrimp
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups hot, cooked white rice
- 1. In a 12-inch frying pan or 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, combine chili flakes, lemon peel, lemon juice, and broth.
- 2. When broth mixture boils, add shrimp and stir often until shrimp are opaque but moist-looking in the center of the thickest part (cut to test), 5 to 8 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture into pan; stir until boiling again. Add basil.
- 3. Mound rice equally into wide bowls. Ladle shrimp mixture around rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes