- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 pound (38 to 50 per lb.) frozen uncooked shelled, deveined shrimp
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups hot, cooked white rice
- calories 326
- caloriesfromfat 6.4 %
- protein 32 g
- fat 2.3 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- carbohydrate 41 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- sodium 228 mg
- cholesterol 173 mg
How to Make It
In a 12-inch frying pan or 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, combine chili flakes, lemon peel, lemon juice, and broth.
When broth mixture boils, add shrimp and stir often until shrimp are opaque but moist-looking in the center of the thickest part (cut to test), 5 to 8 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture into pan; stir until boiling again. Add basil.
Mound rice equally into wide bowls. Ladle shrimp mixture around rice.