Parmesan Cheese Baskets: 1. Wrap the outside of an inverted 6-inch terra-cotta pot in aluminum foil. Coat foil with vegetable cooking spray. 2. Place a 12-inch square of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spread 1â2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese onto the parchment paper, patting it into an 81â2-inch circle. (Note: Don't use grated cheese in this recipe--only shredded will work.) 3. Bake at 375Â° for 5 to 7 minutes or until pale gold in color. Remove from oven, and let cool 10 seconds. 4. Carefully lift the parchment paper off the baking sheet. Working quickly, invert the Parmesan circle over the prepared pot. Carefully remove the parchment from the Parmesan circle. (Reserve the parchment to use again.) 5. Gently press the cheese over inverted pot into desired bowl shape. (Tip: If the cheese circle is too hot, it will slide down the pot, causing small tears. If this happens, gently press the cheese together to seal any large gaps.) Cool basket completely (about 5 minutes), and remove from pot. Repeat to create as many baskets as you need.
Lemon-Basil Shrimp Salad
Don't skip the fresh lemon rind and juice in the lemon-basil marinade--it's what makes this salad recipe special. These shrimp also make a terrific appetizer. The shrimp and dressing, as well as the Parmesan Baskets, can all be made a day ahead.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
- 3 pounds unpeeled, cooked large shrimp
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Lemon-Basil Marinade
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 16 cups salad greens
- 8 Parmesan Baskets (optional)
- Fresh Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1. Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Place shrimp and next 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 8 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Stir in basil 1 hour before serving. Drain and discard marinade just before serving.
- 2. Divide greens evenly between Parmesan Baskets or serving bowls; arrange drained shrimp mixture evenly over lettuce. Serve with Fresh Lemon Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note