I cooked this for my family on Thanksgiving, and now they beg me to cook it for every event we have. It is awesome!!
Lemon-Basil Potato Salad
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 10 thick bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces and cooked
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (5-ounce) package gourmet salad greens
- 1/2 medium-size purple onion, sliced
- Cook potatoes in a Dutch oven in boiling water to cover 30 minutes or until tender; drain and cool. Peel and cube potatoes.
- Whisk together lemon juice and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream. Add potato; gently toss to coat. Spoon into center of individual serving plates; sprinkle evenly with bacon and half of grated cheese.
- Arrange salad greens around potato salad, and top with onion slices and remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads