This is a bad recipe. The cooking temp and time are not correct. The temp should be 375 degrees, and the time should be 16 - 18 minutes. Also, the recipe calls for lemon zest, but the directions never tell you when to add it to the the mixture. And lastly, you should not use granulated sugar on the tops, rather a course grind sugar or powdered sugar. There are lots of good lemon basil cookie recipes on the Internet. I would suggest you try one of those.
Yield: Makes 6 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup fresh lemon basil leaves*
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 pound butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Process basil and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor until blended.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well. Add lemon juice and egg, beating until blended. Gradually add flour and basil mixture, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten balls slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- *Regular Italian ('Genovese') basil may be substituted for lemon basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts