These were good but not outstanding. I added about a cup less four just because the dough was getting so thick. I also iced them because they needed something else
Lemon-Basil Butter Cookies
- 1 cup fresh lemon-basil leaves*
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Process basil and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor until blended.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well. Add lemon juice and egg, beating until blended. Gradually add flour and basil mixture, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Garnish, if desired.
- * Plain fresh basil leaves may be substituted for lemon-basil leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon-Basil Butter Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cookies
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Blender, Food Processor, Bake
- OCCASION: Weddings, Birthdays/Anniversaries, Easter, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Mother's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Desserts