Lemon, Basil and Olive Pesto / Pesto di limone e olive
Makes 1 cup. Perfect for pasta (1 cup dresses 1 pound pasta), salad dressing, grilled, broiled or sauteed fish. From La Cucina Italiana magazine.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves packed
- 1/4 cup(s) Taggiasca or Gaeta olives pitted
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Using a sharp vegetable peeler or paring knife, remove 2 long, wide strips zest from lemon, avoiding white pith. Juice lemon.
- In a blender, puree lemon juice, zest and oil until emulsified.
- Add basil, olives, heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt and generous pinch pepper. Puree until smooth (pesto will be thin).
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Edsemo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon, Basil and Olive Pesto / Pesto di limone e olive Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments