Community Recipe from
- 1/2 pound(s) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 4 extra large eggs room temperature
- 1 2/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) + 1 tsp lemon zest (3 to 4 lemons) grated
- 2/3 cup(s) lemon juice
- 2/3 cup(s) flour
- confectioner's sugar dusting
- For the crust:
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Lemon layer:
- 4 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (3 to 4 lemons)
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup flour
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking sheet.
- For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed. Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into the greased baking sheet, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill.
- Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
- For the lemon layer, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or about five minutes beyond the point where the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into triangles and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ackerbelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemon Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts