I love the tartness especially with a whipped topping and fresh strawberries. Very refreshing easy to make. Would like to know if you can freeze these?
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Andrea Steinberg
More From Allyou
Chill: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 336
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 137mg
- Sodium: 29mg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from 5 or 6 lemons)
- 6 large eggs plus 1 large yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan; line with parchment paper. Lay another sheet of parchment crosswise, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides.
- 2. Pulse flour, confectioners' sugar, cornstarch and salt in a food processor. Pulse in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pulse in yolk until mixture comes together.
- 3. Press into an even 1/4-inch-thick layer in pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Bake, rotating halfway through, until crust is lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- 4. Make filling: Mix flour and sugar. Whisk in lemon zest and juice. Whisk eggs, yolk and salt into lemon mixture.
- 5. Pour lemon mixture over warm crust. Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF. Bake until filling is just set in center, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack, then cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note