This is a great quick recipe. Perfect for any time.
Lemon-Arugula Chicken Paillard
A paillard (PI-yahrd) is a piece of meat pounded thin and grilled quickly or sautéed. To make this colorful dish even more striking, use a combination of red and yellow tomatoes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken paillard, 3/4 cup arugula mixture, and 1/4 cup tomato mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 40.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 416mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups trimmed arugula
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (about 6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Combine lemon rind, juice, oil, and garlic in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add arugula; toss well.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken, and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm.
- Add halved tomatoes and dry white wine to pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until the liquid almost evaporates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note